Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Cruisin' USA

So I am really starting to get excited about this cruise. I've got a guy at work who is so excited for me that I think that he is jealous. All he talks about is all of the food that I am going to get to eat. The food is probably the most exciting part for me as well. I have always loved to eat well. Most people know that I used to be very skinny. Weighed 120 lbs when I graduated high school at 6'1''. I remember that I lost weight my freshman year of college because I just didn't go eat. I think I got down to like 115. I never felt sick or anything, I mean I was still exercising and staying fit but I bet my body fat was less than 3%, If that high.
The best thing that ever happened to me physically was getting together with a couple of freinds at OC that had me lifting weights on a regular basis. I was thrilled when I got to 150lbs. This is also what I weighed when I got married. Now I look back and can't believe that I gained just over 100lbs since high school in only 10 years. I have always loved the idea of seconds as opposed to eating dessert. Thats the main reason the food is the most exciting part.

Of course the ocean will be fun, I've never been to california or seen the pacific. Never been on a boat that large. Definetely never slept on a boat. I think it will be very relaxing. I'll get a chance to finally finish my last chess book. Study up on some finer points of my game. Sleep, Eat a lot. Sleep some more, and just relax. Now I've just got to make it through 10 more days of work, an audit, a manager change, packing, and the thought of Caryn leaving the kids for 5 days in a row and the excitment can begin.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I've been on a couple of cruises and we're going on another one in May. And, yes, the food is phenomenal. But it's funny because, seriously, every time you say "I'm going on a cruise" that person will look at you and talk about food. It's like their stomachs starts growling at the thought.

I mean, the food is good...but for that to be the ONLY thing people think about when it comes to cruises?

The best part is complimentary 24-hour room service, 24-hour buffets, and special midnight chocolate festivals. It doesn't get any better than food at your disposal 24/7!

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map