Saturday, July 12, 2008

My jungle

So a few of you know of my hatred for mowing. Every year I can give you a different excuse for why I let my lawn get out of control but the truth is that I just hate mowing. Anyhow, here is this years excuse and honestly its really not that bad, thats just what the guy who sprays our yard referred to it as. We have had this drainage issue since we bought the house and have finally developed a plan to permanently deal with the water and make it look good too. We are currently in phase 1 of this 3 phase project. So we built a retaining wall. I personally spent 3 weeks working on this, digging the trench when the ground was too high, filling in the dirt when the ground was too low, carrying the railroad ties, and filling in the dirt behind the wall. Now, it should be noted that others have helped. A big thanks to JC, Phillip, Micah, Doug and of course Caryn's dad Terry. Back to the story, then the rain came. almost all of the dirt that I filled in disappeared into my backyard. Basically, phase 1 is just that, only part of the solution. I got depressed about the project and left the backyard alone. So I did mow the rest of the lawn, and the front lawn about once a week. But where the wall is, I didn't touch it. And now we have a small line of shade weeds. Its really sad when the best method for mowing the grass is a hatchet. And yes, I really was using the hatchet. So now I'm about half done with the lawn and we'll finish phase 1 and start phase 2 within the next couple of weeks. I'll keep you posted. Anyone want pictures of the jungle?

No comments:

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Map